Monday, October 10, 2005

Birthday


So, this year my birthday turned into more of an event than a day. It started three weeks ago with my trip to the CSI exhibit, followed the next weekend by getting to see my most favorite band the Posies.

The Posies were awesome as always, a very small show, which consdering I couldn't do my usual follow the band around the East Coast for a few days, I thought was kind of treat. I finally was able to give the guys the Posies license plates I've been carrying around for years and I think both bwb and b. really enjoyed the show as well. I had so much fun and I must thank my friend R. for lettting me know about the show, as I've been so out of touch I would have missed it! Lots of songs from Frosting on the Beater and Amazing Disgrace, a few from the new album, and one from Dear 23.

It continued to be an event for the actual celebration day of my birth. I came home at lunch to walk the little guy and walked onto my back porch to see our dead, leaning tree no longer really leaning at a 45 degree angle, but hanging about 10 feet above the roof. Well, actually resting on some small tree branches above our fence. Decided we better scrap plans to go out and stay in just in case the tree fell in an unexpected manner, on our house. As it was, the tree waited until we had run out on an errand Saturday.

Saturday night met the folks for a delicious dinner at Magiano's. I have to say just how cool my dad is. Sis and I had given him tickets to the Rolling Stones for Father's Day and he had gone to the show this week. He was so excited, he kept saying how it was the best show of his life and anytime anyone walked in earshot, he'd raise his voice and talk about how he'd just seen the stones. We laughed and remained amazed that Mick and ole' zombie Keith Richards (we are convinced Keith Richards died years ago, and is now resurrected as a zombie) can still put on such a great show. Then Dad listed all the shows he had gone to over the years (an impressive list, I might add) and I realized where my love of music comes from. We decided that the next time REM tours, we'll go see them together, because he's also the big fan of REM.

So an eventful birthday. I almost forgot I turned 34.

Oh, and I got my very own roller skates. Hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home