Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ice Cream

When I was in college I would occasionally splurge and buy myself a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I was broke, as are most college students, so I'd try to make the pint last as long as possible. For awhile, my favorite flavor was Cookie Dough ice cream. This was back in the early 90's, so it was still a relatively "new" flavor. One night I came home and went to the freezer to have a late night snack. I opened the pint to eat the last third of the pint and to my surprise my Cookie Dough ice cream had somehow become vanilla.

To my dismay, my dear roommates had apparently melted the ice cream in the microwave and had eaten all the cookie dough pieces out of the ice cream, leaving nothing but vanilla behind.

Now, if I would have had this, it never would have happened!!

In other interesting news, I found this site, where you can make your own custom ice cream flavor creations. And some of the options are really, really weird. If you mix Cream flavor with Parmesan and Basil, I think that would be pesto ice cream. I can't decide if that's the grossest thing ever, or something that might be good...At almost $50 for four pints, I think I might just have to experiment at home. Nifty idea, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home